Monday, July 25, 2011

Shepherd's Pie

This has always been my favorite dish.  Even as a child I LOVED it, but it was rarely made because nobody else in my family liked it.  It's the easiest recipe and incredibly delicious.

Makes one 8x8 pan

  • 1/2 pound ground beef or turkey
  • 1 can green beans
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 4-8 servings mashed potatoes
  • Enough cheese to top

First, cook ground beef or turkey and season with garlic.  This will go in the bottom of the pan.  Next drain the green beans and add on top of the ground beef.


Add tomato soup on top of the green beans


Next, mashed potatoes.  I don't have an exact amount that I put on, I usually put about 4-8 servings.


And finally top with cheese


Bake at 400 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. 


This is also a great meal to make beforehand.
  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment